Charter Communications Complaint
Los Angeles, CA 90060-0187 - Digital TV, and Phone Service
Attention: Customer Complaint
2 Digital Place
Simpsonville, SC 29681
or call 1-888-438-2427
Received my cable bill yesterday and called customer service and billing.
(1) I was being charged for a service call which not only was their fault but which increased problems with what they "fixed." The repairmen told me that my modem was the problem (and that it was not covered since I had bought it from Charter) and so they installed a small white modem (I learn now at $5 a month) with one outlet to replace my stronger modem with four more outlets and then left. So I re-hooked my main modem back on and unhooked their cheaper one. Another team came out to straighten out the mess that their first team did along with the Charter central office making changes there. There was nothing wrong with my modem - it was on Charter's side that caused that problem. I have asked Charter for an explanation of that $5 extra charge (It took their billing office several minutes so far to come up with an explanation and then sought removing it from future charges). Charter should not be allowed just to start increasing our bills without approval from our cable board agreeing.
(2) We also had dropped one of our two telephone lines and placed a double ring on the main one remaining in place of the removed line but they got that screwed up by killing the main number and letting our second line become the double ring. This killed several phones that we used and left us with one line in my wife's office. So the second team came out to fix that and got our system to work again like it was before with one number being a double ring now. This was a Charter caused problem which they did not charge me but did tell me that I had already got my $45 charge removed %u2013 leaving me with a $45 charge for #1 above.
(3) The digital TV cable boxes that they offered did not measure up. I asked that the high definition be unhooked because I was not advised that we would be charged $5 extra for HD for each of the five boxes so I turned two of them in when the 2d crew men were here (who finally did a good job). I will now take back the other three boxes because their TV charge was no longer around $15 for basic TV but $37.57. We were forced to rent their boxes rather than buy them ourselves. (This is another sneaky profit way which charter is requiring in the monopoly hold on Worcester.) Our internet bill jumped to $54.99 for Internet Service with Hi-Fi from $39.99 (which is advertised widely at $29.99) because we will no longer subscribed to their rotten TV services.
Charter did not give us anything extra than what we had previously signed up and had been paying- so this month we got an added surprise. I returned their modems and routers back to them because we have our own. Not only did Charter eat up a lot of time waiting on their teams but I don't think that they any longer deserve the monopoly for our city and I am asking the Cable TV Board to not renew their franchise for Worcester.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Charter Communications reviews
- Bad technicians
- contract buyout
- Driver of Charter Truck ran me off I-65
- Charter Communications -Old Lady unable to afford $20 rate increase to $91.00
- creeper charter guys
- Buyout contract from charter for direct tv
- Increased Charges
- Poor service by Charter in Pasadena, CA
- Charter buyout
- buy out contract
- Reckless driving
- Bait & switch w/ false advertisements
- re buyout CHECK
- Billing Issue
- No credit for lose
- No credit for service lose
- Colorado Reverse House loans
- Los Angeles Appliance AC and Heating Repair Services
- Los Angeles Appliance, AC / Heating Repair
- Amazing Payment Process While Booking For Cheap Los Angeles Hotels
- MFC Los Angeles used office furniture warehouse is amazing
- Got a great deal on shutters from Danmer Custom Shutters in Los Angeles
- Confident in the quality of Danmer Los Angeles shutters
- The Avalon Hotel, Los Angeles I...
- Party Supply Rentals Los Angeles – AAA Rents & Events
- California Golf Discounts
- reclaim points
- Customer Service U-verse Television Service
- So you want to be a Background Extra
- MFC Office Los Angeles CA has great used office furniture and I%u2019ll be back for more
- Great deal on used conference tables at MFC for office party in Los Angeles
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you