Charter Communications Complaint
Winows Live Mail
At first I blamed Microsoft. I always checked with Charter to make sure I had the correct settings (hard-wire and mobile) in my Windows Live Account, and they said I did. After a year of working with Microsoft with no results, I switched from the Charter server to Endless Journey. Presto, no more problems. I still used the Charter hardwire connection to the internet, but I didn't use my Charter email account and Charter servers.
I also tried connecting to Charter servers with another Windows 7 machine using Windows Live Mail. The problem returned.
I contacted Charter to tell them the news. Charter's escalated response was that it is too bad Microsoft doesn't alter the code in Windows Live Mail to become compatible with Charter's servers. Charter didn't seem to care that almost all other server companies seem to not have this problem with their servers. Charter appears to be the odd man out here. Most other well-run servers run well with Windows Live Mail.
Technical support explained that they do not support Windows Live Mail only Web-based email. Technical support understands that Charter does not work well with Windows Live Mail even though competing servers work just fine. But technical support says there is no plan to fix the problem.
I mentioned that Charter implies on its website that Windows Live Mail works with Charter by publishing the settings to use Windows Live Mail with Charter. This is misleading. The least Charter could do is post a disclaimer that Charter will not work very well with Windows Live Mail.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Charter Communications reviews
- Charter Cable Company (Charter...
- Bad communication
- Horrible, but I have no other choice
- billing practices
- billing practices
- Charter high speed internet
- Charter Internet Serivce Undercapcity
- wanting to get service in my area
- morally bankrupt
- on the road to Time Warner -- charged me higher than I was quoted
- false advertising/misrepresentation/fraud
- Horrible for day one!!
- Absolutely Horrible!
- equipment issue
- Talk to the right people
- u-verse or charter?
- Wrong mail delivery
- Billed Twice for 3 years?
- They keep delivering the neighbors' packages to me..and more.
- microsoft office 2010 not working
- FACTOREES.COM NO customer service....no phone....no e mail....no chat.../if ? changes i will...
- Stamps.Com Revoew
- Lost my Fitness T shirt
- MagicJack Plus
- Bad Service
- USPS FORTUNA CA BAD SERVICE
- USPS international mail to Canada sucks
- Horrible service
- Return policies and rude customer service
- Bad company
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you